AT A RESTAURANT
- Eat out means to have a meal in a restaurant.
- You make a reservation in order to hold space, like a table at a restaurant or a room at a hotel.
- A course is a set of dishes served at a meal in a particular order.
- An appetizer is the first course of a meal. It’s also called a ‘starter’ in British English.
- An entree is the main course of a meal.
- Dessert is the final course of a meal and is generally something sweet, like cake.
- Salad is a dish made up of lettuce and other raw vegetables.
- A side dish is served together with the main dish and usually consists of a starch (like potatoes or rice) and a vegetable.
- A tip, also known as a gratuity, is a small amount of money given as a reward for service.
- The check, also known as a bill, is a statement of everything you ordered at the restaurant.