[content_band style=”color: #222;” class=”cat-food” bg_color=”#ffffff” border=”horizontal” inner_container=”true”]
[custom_headline type=”center” level=”h2″ looks_like=”h3″ accent=”true”]Conversation 4 Dictation[/custom_headline]
[custom_headline type=”center” level=”h2″ looks_like=”h3″ accent=”true”]Ready for a challenge? Let’s try dictation.[/custom_headline]
- Listen to the conversation.
- Write down what you hear in the in the box below.
- Click the [x_highlight type=”dark” style=”text-shadow: none; color: white; background-color: #3974d2;”]CHECK IT[/x_highlight] button to see the transcript.
[custom_headline type=”left” level=”h2″ looks_like=”h3″ accent=”true”]VOCABULARY CHECK[/custom_headline]
[x_accordion][x_accordion_item title=”Click here to check the vocabulary in this lesson” open=”false”]
- Where are you with [something]: When you want to know how much or how far someone has made progress with a task, you can ask them “where are you with ~.” “Where are you with your homework” means, how much progress have you made with your homework. In the conversation, the woman wanted to ask Jack about the progress he has made on the marketing report, so she asked, “Where are you with the marketing report?”
- Wrap [something up]: As an idiom, “wrap [something up]” means to complete something. When you wrap up an assignment, you complete the assignment. In the conversation, Jack said that he was “almost ready to wrap it up.” This means he was almost finished with the report.
- Get right on [something]: As an idiom, “get right on [something]” means to do [something] right away. In the conversation, Jack said “I’ll get right on it.” This means he will do it right away.
- Have [something] to [someone] : This means to submit or give something to someone. In the conversation, Jack said, “I will…have it to you before three.” This means he will submit the report to her by 3:00pm.
Did you like this lesson? Become a VIP member and get all of the lessons! [button type=”flat” shape=”pill” size=”mini” href=”[MM_Purchase_Link productId=’4′]” title=”Example”]Upgrade Today![/button]