[content_band style=”color: #222;” class=”cat-food” bg_color=”#ffffff” border=”horizontal” inner_container=”true”]
Listen to the conversation and then answer the following questions
Or…for a bigger challenge, try this dictation exercise and see the transcript
[custom_headline type=”left” level=”h2″ looks_like=”h3″ accent=”true”]VOCABULARY CHECK[/custom_headline]
[x_accordion][x_accordion_item title=”Click here to check the vocabulary in this lesson” open=”false”]
- on [someone’s] mind: When you have something that you are thinking about, it is on your mind.
- camp out : is another way to say, go camping. Let’s camp out this weekend!.
- Gee : is a conversational phrase used as a filler or pause, like “well.” Gee was often used in the mid 20th century, although people still use it nowadays.
- talk [someone] out of [something]: When you talk someone out of something, you persuade them to change their thinking/plans.
- Holy cow! : is another conversational phrase meaning “wow” or “oh my God.”