WALL STREET TALK
- economy means the money system in a country.
- inflation is when prices increase, but the buying power of money goes down.
- figures means numbers.
- opening bell means the start of the trading day at the New York Stock Exchange.
- portfolio means a group of stocks and other similar items owned by a person or a company.
- bull or bear. When there is a bull market, the price of stocks goes up. When there is a bear market, the price of stocks goes down.
- interest rates means the percent of money you can earn when you keep your money in a bank account.
- stocks and bonds. A stock is a share in a company and a bond is an investment, usually from the government, that pays a certain percentage of interest.
- investments means a place to put your money where it can increase (or decrease) in value.
- advisor means a person who is a specialist in a certain field and can offer advice about that field.