- sleep in means to sleep later than usual. When you sleep in, it’s your plan to do so because you don’t need to wake up early.
- oversleep means to sleep later than usual by accident. When you oversleep, you may be late for something.
- set means to adjust the time of a clock.
- wake up means to open your eyes after sleeping.
- get up means to stand up after sleeping, sitting, etc.
- take off means to remove your clothes.
- put on means to wear clothes.
- wash up means to wash your face, brush your teeth, etc.
- head to means to go to a particular place.
- turn on means to press or turn the “on” button of an electronic device, lamp, etc. (The opposite is “turn off.”)
- make means to cook or prepare a meal.
- take out means to remove something from a particular place.
- put in means to place something in a particular place.
- eat up means to eat something completely.
- clean up means to clean completely.
- do the dishes means to wash the dishes. (In British English this is called, do the washing up.)
- put away means to return something to its original or proper place or position.