- Get in means to arrive, and we usually mention the time with get in.
- Get canned and get the axe both mean to get fired from a job.
- Get behind means to not keep up with your work, homework, etc.
- Get hell means to get scolded. When someone is angry with you, you get hell from them.
- Get the boot means to be forced to leave a place.
- Get cracking means to start doing something that you are responsible to do.
- Get nowhere means to not make progress on something.
- When you get down to doing something you start doing that task seriously and with your effort.
- Get back to means to return to a place or to return to doing something.