WHERE YOU LIVE
- We use story to count the floors of a building.
- The Big Apple is the nickname of New York City.
- A borough is division of a city.
- Condo is a shortened form of condominium, which is an apartment building in which all of the units are owned.
- Urban is an adjective which means related to a city. A city is an urban area.
- A suburb is a residential area which is located in an outlying area of a city.
- An apartment building contains any number of rented units.
- A backyard is the area behind a house, often surrounded by a fence.
- A lawn is an area of short, mowed grass.
- A shopping mall is a building containing a number of stores, including department stores.
- The countryside is the area away from a city, beyond the suburb.
- Rural is an adjective which describes the characteristics of the countryside.
- Hustle and bustle is a busy area, which usually has a lot of activity and noise (like the downtown area of a city.)