- ingredients means food combined to make a dish.
- chop up means to chop something into very small pieces. We often add up to a verb to mean “do that completely. So, “chop up” means chop completely.”
- slice means to cut something into even pieces…like, slice the bread.
- dice means to cut something into cube shaped pieces.
- turn up means to increase the intensity, heat, power, etc.
- turn down means to decrease the intensity, heat, power, etc.
- add means here to put in the ingredient(s).
- chopped means cut into pieces.
- stir means to move something in a circular motion using a tool or utensil.
- lid means the removable top of the pan or pot.
- boil means to reach a temperature where bubbles form and the liquid becomes vapor.
- crush means to make something flat or think by using force.