[content_band style=”color: #222;” class=”cat-food” bg_color=”#ffffff” border=”horizontal” inner_container=”true”]
[custom_headline type=”left” level=”h2″ looks_like=”h3″ accent=”true”]FOOD IDIOMS![/custom_headline]
[custom_headline type=”left” level=”h2″ looks_like=”h3″ accent=”true”]VOCABULARY CHECK[/custom_headline]
[x_accordion][x_accordion_item title=”Click here to check the meaning” open=”false”]
- the big cheese : The big cheese is the boss, company VIP or another important person in a group.
- a piece of cake : Something that is a piece of cake is very easy or easy to do.
- chew the fat : When you chew the fat you have a casual conversation.
- bring home the bacon : Bring home the bacon means to earn money to support your family.
- clam up : When you clam up you hold back from speaking. You don’t say anything, even though you want to speak.
- use your noodle : When you use your noodle, you use your brain to come up with an idea or to think of the solution to a problem.
- bite the bullet : When you bite the bullet, you accept a very negative situation without complaining or arguing.
- take the cake : When something (or someone) takes the cake it is a very extreme or the worst situation possible.